Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Feeling Full and Broke


Fixed pork chops for dinner with a little baked potato on the side. Now I am feeling full.
Today we decided to pay a Kohl's' bill via the phone, we normally write a check. Now that the stamps have gone up we are trying to pay everything either on line or over the phone. Papa kat had the job of getting that done.
The account is in my name, so of course that wouldn't take money from him. I called and it would be a $5.00 charge over the phone but we could do it on line for free. Many moons ago Papa Kat had set up a password on the account and of course I could not figure it out. It gave you that hint that you always have to check when you set one up. Now did he put his birth place or mine. Both didn't work so another phone call was in order. She gave me the answer to the hint, which was the town and the state but Papa kat had abbreviated the state not like it should have been so I would have never figured it out. Now everything is paid but they sure didn't make it easy, just to pay a bill.
You would think they would take money from anyone, Guess not.

2 comments:

  1. LOL. This is why I like paying bills the old fashioned way. But I do hear you about the rising costs of postage. The Post Office gets a lot of business from me. But hey, the Postman needs a job too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be cheaper not to pay but I have a feeling they would notice.

    ReplyDelete