Saturday, August 1, 2009

Good Fishy day


Went to the fish meeting and the talk was about algae and a small talk about snails. They both were interesting long and the short of it was you can't really get rid of snails. Once a week I normally just weed them out. I did get some good deals on some fish, spent a total of $20.00 and 10 of it was for a pair of panda cory catfish. The others were some assorted swords, all were very small fry.
I decided since I had small babies it was time to move my other small fish in the tank with bigger fish. Which means in order to catch them I had to move all the rocks out and also be very quick with the net. Now because I was moving these fish in a tank with bigger fish I have to move the rocks around in that tank too, I didn't have to take them out just move them around to change their territories. Now everyting is in the correct tank. Tomorrow I will have to thin out the snails and watch the new fish swim around. They are so cute.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy watching fish. I will be taking my tank back to school soon. I think I might really have one frog now because I am pretty sure frogs do not sleep on the bottom of the tank belly-up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These snails seem to multiply like rabbits. Strange.

    ReplyDelete